Monday, April 13, 2009

"New Beginnings"

"New Beginnings"...there is a reason why this phrase is so cogent. The perceptions about this phrase do not deviate from what it implies. This is one phrase which means pretty much the same to everybody....a fresh start...a beginning which gives hope to overcome the past failures and look ahead with a brand-new outlook.

This phrase is closest to my heart ever since I set foot in a new country. I have arrived at a time when it has been hit by the worst wave of economic depression. Surprisingly, in spite of the current economic and employment situation, I LOVE it here! It's a Land of Opportunities in the truest sense. My beautiful and fast developing home country India is land of opportunities too. But the reason I feel that America is THE land of opportunities is because, people belonging to different ethnicity, religion, countries, seek opportunities from a common huge pool of opportunities. Their minds are open, flexible, free and more accepting towards living a life which reflects a lot of occupational diversity. On the contrary in India, people restrict themselves to a subset of opportunities from the deep and wide pool, depending on the strata of the society which they belong to. Each stratum sticks to their own exclusive subset of the pool. An outsider belonging to a different stratum is usually not welcome and not encouraged to cross over and dive into a new pool. If an attempt is made to cross over, he/she faces resistance.

I am an Engineer, a dream profession of everybody in India. I worked as a Software Engineer in a huge corporation for several years in India. After arriving in America, due to the ongoing recession, I could not find a job that would justify my qualifications. But America rubbed off on me.....my mind was happy to accept a refreshing change, explore my hidden creativity, passion and talent, which were suppressed due to my inability to look beyond my profession back in India. I crossed the border that marked my pool which had boundaries created by my old mindset and entered in a brand-new pool. The experience of swimming in a new pool, being on the other side; has been one of the most intriguing, satisfying and educating experiences of my life...it has been my "New Beginning". It has taught me to think beyond my imagination. It has taught me that there is always an abundant scope to do more than you can think or imagine. '

As I embark on this exciting journey of my life, and embrace my new avatar, I want to make sure that my life continues to be kaleidoscopic with many such New Beginnings. I can't wait to explore, I can't wait to broaden my vision, and my mind looks forward to many more New Beginnings...

No comments:

Post a Comment